10:26 PM

Startling Laundry Day

Posted by Melody

I woke up at 8am this morning and went to breakfast. I have missed the breakfast here at the hotel. After breakfast, I gathered my laundry (from the last 2 weeks) together and went to the laundromat. I had enough whites to justify doing two loads. My whites sparkled when I pulled them out of the wash. I did some work while waiting on the loads to wash and dry. Got a lot accomplished. I need to do laundry more often! Haha!

I got back to the hotel with my freshly washed clothes and folded them back into the suitcase. I sat on my bed doing more work when all of a sudden, I heard something the equivalent to a transformer blowing up. That is what I assumed it was, and then went back to work. A couple of minutes later, I heard another explosion...then another...and another...and another. I wondered what in the world was going on, but thought it might be the construction crew doing something out back. I took a break and went on Facebook.

Plastered all over my news feed was the group posting about a car explosion outside. I run outside to see it for myself and, no joke, a car really did explode. I have never seen anything like this in my life, so I got my camera and took a picture.

Aftermath of explosion...


From what I was told, it was the radiator. The guy pulled in with it smoking, he went inside to get some water for it, it burst into flames while he was inside, he comes out to his car on fire...plus the fence and car beside of it as well (the blue one behind the car in this picture). As far as I know, no one got hurt. I felt so sorry for everyone involved. I hope they all have insurance. The owners of the blue car did not know about their car until late in the evening because they had left early in the morning. I would be totally freaked out if that had happened to me.

It was about time for dinner, so Brittney and I went to The Waterman. I had never been there before, so I was excited to try out a new place. She said the lasagna was really good, so I tried it. It was good, and cheesy too! A few minutes later, Lord and Lady Stephenson walk in for dinner. They saw our lasagna and decided to get that for themselves. We walk back to the hotel. I fixed myself a cup of tea so I could be in the relaxed mindset enough to be thoughtful on my homework.

New word of the day: hurly-burly = thunderstorm


Cheerio poppets!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making my blog a two-way conversation. Getting comments from you really makes my day, and it is much more fun having you around! Nice comments only, please. (That means you, Anonymous.)