1:08 PM

Oopsie Mamushka & Hard Rock

Posted by Melody

I got up early this morning so I could get ready to go to Westminster. I went down to breakfast and had pretty much what I did yesterday. After breakfast and the group meeting, I was off to Westminster for the 10:30am service. I got there and sat down. A lady and her husband behind me noticed that I did not pick up a program (I did not notice where they were), and so the lady offered me hers since they could share. The service started and, since it was a liturgical service, I just observed what everyone else was doing so I could do whatever too. I came to this specific service because I knew the choir was going to be singing most of it. The choir was wonderful. It is obvious that they have high standards when it comes to music. After the service, I looked around the chapel and took notice of how gorgeous it was.

I got on the underground and headed off toward the theatre where Lion King was to see if I could get a ticket. They had a full house, so I just started exploring since I did not have anything to do until a while later. I walked down various streets to see what I could see...and what did I find? One of my new favorite stores! Radley of London. I do not know if I have said this before, but the reason that Radley is my new favorite store is due to the fact that they use a Scottish Terrier for their logo. An added bonus, they sell stuff I can use!

Radley of London


After stopping in the Radley store, I went off to nearby Covent Garden. Covent Garden is an area, partly open-air market full of stores, food, and buskers. Here is where I made my first visit to Lush. Lush is really popular with the girls on the trip because it is sort of like a homemade Bath & Body Works.

While walking through the market, I heard what sounded like a string orchestra playing a piece by Mozart. I followed my ears and found a string quintet playing. They were so good that I got a video of them...



I stayed in the market until almost 3:30pm. I headed back to the hotel to freshen up and meet the group to go to Hard Rock Cafe. Andy and half of the group went, which was nice since it was easier to navigate and talk to everyone. Andy got us the big combo appetizer. I had one of the spicy wings. They make no joke about it, when it says spicy...it means spicy. Haha! I had the twisted mac & cheese for the first time ever. It was really good. After dinner, all of the group, minus Brittany and myself, went back to the hotel. The two of us were interested in looking around the Hard Rock Cafe shop and seeing the vault. I got myself a cool looking deep pink t-shirt. I think it seriously is my new favorite t-shirt.

Brittany and I did get to go down to the vault. The building itself was chosen for the store because it used to be the royal bank where Queen Elizabeth kept her valuables. It had a lot of stuff from some of my favorite people/bands like: Madonna, Sting, Freddie Mercury, Gene Simmons, Little Richard, John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, and so many others. I was absolutely thrilled. There is a picture that turned out better than the others (low lighting situation) which I will share with you. It is John Lennon's lyrics for "Instant Karma" with tons of scribbles and changes on it...

Instant Karma by John Lennon


We came out of the vault and store and headed back to the hotel via underground. I will miss you London underground...with all your warnings about minding the gap, staying clear of the closing doors, and when the train is approaching...




New word of the day: hire purchase = buying on credit


Cheerio poppets!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making my blog a two-way conversation. Getting comments from you really makes my day, and it is much more fun having you around! Nice comments only, please. (That means you, Anonymous.)