1:08 PM

Phantom Of The Opera!

Posted by Melody

I woke up early this morning and went to breakfast because I had a busy day ahead of me. The breakfast here at the Hesperia is really good. I had mixed fruit, fresh pineapple, kiwi, a fried egg, baked beans, toast, a couple of cheeses that come in little round packages, and coffee. The English know how to do breakfast right!

I went off to the center of town where the famous Harrod's department store was located. I made a stop in H&M on my way and tried on a pretty blue dress and put a cute little suit thing over it. Since I did not bring over any dresses or skirts, I have been feeling sort of blah. This fixed that...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


After H&M, I went into Harrod's. I knew this place was huge and had a lot of stuff, but I did not realize just HOW true that really was. I mean, literally, everything that I could ever think of to wear or that I would want in a home, they had it. I walked through all the levels just in sheer amazement. Could you imagine my excitement when I found out that they sold pianos?! Well, the exclamation point might give you the hint of a little of the excitement...just a little though. Right beside of the musical instruments section was the home therapy(?) section. They had this cool chair that was like a relaxation pod. I cannot remember the name of it (and Google is not helping me), but it had a screen with a stereo and all sorts of stuff. Pretty spiffy.

Alright, wait for it...wait for it. I GOT TO SEE THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA TODAY IN LONDON! Excitement!! This was THE play that I knew I could not leave London without seeing. I even got my picture with my tickets in front of the sign...

Ahhhh! Phantom of the Opera!


Of course I had to let you all see and share in my excitement...



I sat on the 2nd level and could see everything except the very tip of the right side of the stage toward the front, but that was okay because they did not do a whole lot over there. My seat also afforded me the view of the keyboardists. The singing was great and so was the acting. Wow, just...wow...Phantom Of The Opera in London!

After the play was over, I went to Cool Britania and got myself a mug with a map of the underground on it. I really wanted to get a full poster and then frame it so I could hang it up, but the mug covered all the stops that I had been on...so I thought that was the better of the two if I had to choose one.

I eventually headed back to the hotel so I could rest up enough to feel like getting up to go to Westminster's morning service.


New word of the day: fortnight = two weeks


Cheerio poppets!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making my blog a two-way conversation. Getting comments from you really makes my day, and it is much more fun having you around! Nice comments only, please. (That means you, Anonymous.)