8:29 PM

Piddle Pa-diddle

Posted by Melody

I finally updated all of last week’s entries completely. I had not been posting every day last week because the hotel we were staying at did not have internet. To go back and read the entries from last week, click on January on the right-hand side of the page under Archives. Once you are finished, you can come back to today’s (the current) entry by clicking on the Home tab above my picture.

Alright, so today is the beginning of February and the time has come for January’s trivia poll to close. Thanks to all who participated! What did you guess? Did you get the right answer? Well, let us find out, shall we?

Question: I was founded in the year Martin Luther died. My library was designed by Christopher Wren, and my alumni include such names as Isaac Newton, Francis Bacon, Lord Byron, Lord Tennyson as well as 32 Nobel prizewinners. Which college am I?

Answer: Trinity College

Congratulations to the 3 who got it right! It seems that King's College was a popular choice with 7 votes out of the 15 who voted. If you look over to the left-hand side of the page (where January’s poll was located), you will find February’s trivia question ready and waiting to be answered. Can you get the answer without Googling it?

I got up at 7am this morning and got ready for breakfast. Today, I switched up my normal breakfast. I had one egg and one piece of cheese toast, then yogurt with rice krispies in it. Don't knock it until you try it.

After breakfast, I got my stuff together and went off to the library. I passed Lady Stephenson at the first traffic light and she said, “I’ll race you!” I said, “I’ll beat you!” When I got to the library, I went to the IT desk to set up a guest password for the internet. After I was finished, I noticed Lady Stephenson coming into the library. I said, "I won," she laughed, and we talked about school stuff. We had a free library day, so I went to my little spot in the library to study for a few hours.

I needed a break, so I got on my bike to see if I could find the post office. I turned on the wrong street, but ended up finding one across from H&M. I went inside and found these little Redbox looking things that were self-service mail kiosks! I bought myself an international postage stamp, decorated with the lovely queen, for 90p.

I hopped back onto my bike and started cruising down the street; looking for a place to eat. I found a little place tucked away on the street where the round church is. I got a veggie wrap for 2.50 and a big cookie for one pound more (takeout prices). I went to the bench at the round church to eat it since I ordered it with the takeout prices. It was not terribly cold or windy out, so I did not mind. A pigeon saw me sit down and immediately started making its way over (they are braver than the squirrels at Lee!). I just kept moving my foot to make it go away. I finished up, saved half of my cookie, and started heading back toward the library.

I wrote out the postcard to my parents and Alf (can’t forget the puppy!). I have not written a postcard in many, many years. After that, I did some random stuff, Andy taught me a new UK word ("lush" means great!), and I ate the other half of my cookie. All in a day's time.

Cheerio poppets!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making my blog a two-way conversation. Getting comments from you really makes my day, and it is much more fun having you around! Nice comments only, please. (That means you, Anonymous.)