1:52 PM

Laundry Run & Henry's

Posted by Melody

My alarm went off at 8am this morning, but I turned it off and then accidentally went straight back to sleep. I woke up on my own at 9:15am, realized that I had just 15 minutes until breakfast was over, threw some casual clothes on, and made a mad dash to breakfast. I had my usual fried egg and full breakfast, minus the tomato, and coffee.

I go back to the room and take a shower. I called Katie and Lauren to see when they were going to go to the Laundromat. I got my clothes together and met the group at the front of the hotel. There was another group going as well. One person yelled out that there would not be enough washing machines/dryers, so everyone broke out into a mad run (I swear I am not exaggerating in the least) to the Laundromat. I knew there would be enough, but I had fun watching them try to beat each other there. Brings a new meaning to a laundry run. I bet the English never knew that Americans could run so fast. Haha!

I went to the Co-op (Co-operative Foods - grocery store) to get a candy bar so the drawer would be open for me to ask for change. For this laundry day, I got a Cadbury’s Caramel (like a Carmello) candy bar. This is my reward for having to stay in a Laundromat forever until the clothes are done. I came back to the Laundromat and put my clothes into the dryer. I sat there while the dryer finished, folded my clothes, and went back to the hotel.

I laid out my pants because they were not completely dry, and I did not want the ones that were to wrinkle. Then, I get on my little nettie to check my dailies and such. Andy e-mailed us; he will be coming back tonight sometime. I actually got a lot done in the next couple of hours. I typed and e-mailed my checkpoint report, I e-mailed my GNST journal, and I responded to not ONE...but TWO prompts on the forum set up for British Literature class. After that, I got ready for Becca's birthday party.

We go to a cafe/bar near the boardwalk called Henry's. I have never been there before, so I did not know what to expect. I wish I would have ordered dinner because it looked amazing. For example, the Classic Carbonara with Pancetta and the Pesto Pasta. The pesto pasta looked like it was more filling, but the carbonara looked more yummy. Desserts finally came out. I had the Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream Cake. It was so good!

I left early to get back to the hotel to pack up my stuff for the annex. Andy came in and talked to us for a little while. After all was said and done, I went back up to the room to chill out. A lot of the group stayed in the annex to watch the Super Bowl. I know who is going to win (COLTS!) and we don't get the American commercials anyway (which I hear are unusually lame this year), so I am off to bed.

New word of the day: anti-clockwise = counterclockwise


You know what they say about people who stir their tea anti-clockwise...

Cheerio poppets!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making my blog a two-way conversation. Getting comments from you really makes my day, and it is much more fun having you around! Nice comments only, please. (That means you, Anonymous.)